Daniel - Looking for reading material

For general discussion of topics that don't have a specific theme, questions or suggestions for research.

Moderator: daniel

User avatar
infinity
Mage
Mage
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Daniel - Looking for reading material

Post by infinity » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:13 am

RLC wrote: So does this mean you don't believe in meditation? or don't believe in meditation on a global scale, unless it was level 3 people who have an ability to meditate at a level that would provide a specific outcome?

I'm curious, as I personally have found meditation to be extremely beneficial in understanding who I am, and to help seed and grow thoughts, which I try to carry out in my actions every day. What's the saying, "neurons that fire together wire together." It's my belief that If I hold these ideas long enough that my mind, body and spirit will manifest them and it will no longer be a matter of holding it. I can actually see a significant difference now in little every day things. For example, before when my wife would ask me, "will you go to the store for me?" I would go, but I would hate it. Now I find myself wanting to go for her, because I love her. That's not something I've felt for a long time.
Let's be honest, for meditation to be a useful tool with practical uses on a global scale, it will require the same disciplined and organized effort that any global effort would take. Try running an international organization. Not easy. Any tool is only as useful as the person using it is skilled with it, and that counts for group-based use of tools even more. There aren't easy answers to anything - simple ones maybe, but not easy. I think daniel is just pointing out that we need to have a realistic approach in whatever way we want to contribute to humanity.

I've found meditation useful personally as well. Very very useful. I've also found prayer useful, which is different from meditation, and personally sometimes scares me in how well it works. But meditation doesn't work for everyone, neither does prayer. The usefulness of these is currently limited by our understanding and discipline in them. Through using meditation, you can have the most amazing impacting experiences like interacting with the earth's spirit (i would highly recommend this special encounter), and you can escape the weight of unconscious influences on your mind in order to gradually transform your mind.

But meditation represents only one part of what we need to change the world. We can't without spiritual awareness, neither without discipline. But let me ask you an unfair and controversial question:

Monks have been meditating for centuries. These are disciplined people. They are taught how to do it right. We don't really have a way of knowing what impact they have had on the world through meditation, but we would think that if meditation was so potent, wouldn't it have made a bigger difference over a course of centuries?

But what influences do ideas that were made practical have? Think about electricity. Think about the telephone, or radio. Think about fireworks and its alleged influence on military technology. These things changed the world, but they started as a thought. They didn't change the world through meditation, but through a combination of a few things. They required faith at some stages when everyone would laugh at it, they required diligence to be made fruitful, they required vision from beginning to end. These are "spiritual" ingredients. But the result is not the product of purely spiritual activity.

To change the world, a thought must be made manifest, practical, proven, usable, reproduce-able. Meditation alone is only a step or a tool in this process. It can be mastered, and with mastery, its potential can be "miracle"-working. But there are other ways to make a difference too, that don't require decades of training and mastery or international leadership and organizational abilities.

One of the quickest ways to make a difference without having secrets of the universe or tons of money or power, is to build relationships with the right people and only focus on what you love and uplifting them in what they love. The networking potential and the inherent supportive nature of such a perpetually expanding structure is a foundation for either a centralized or a decentralized initiative of realizing a common vision or goal - but without having to force one method on everyone for accomplishing it.

User avatar
daniel
Professor
Professor
Posts: 885
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:33 pm
Location: P3X-774
Contact:

Meditation, Bioenergy and Yoga

Post by daniel » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:23 pm

RLC wrote:So does this mean you don't believe in meditation? or don't believe in meditation on a global scale, unless it was level 3 people who have an ability to meditate at a level that would provide a specific outcome?
I use meditation frequently; it is a valuable tool for introspection. But it may not be the same technique you use. I use the ancient Taoist system that LoneBear on Antiquatis teaches, which is not about blanking the mind or becoming "one" with everything--it is about getting in touch with the intelligence of your own body and soul (3D space and 3D time of the life unit). To use that method, you need to understand that yin-yang is just the ancient way of saying time-space, and the two are inseparable as "motion." That's one of the fascinating things about Larson's RS--it matches the ancient models of the psyche (and of magick). Same concepts, just different words. When you make the connection, meditation takes on a whole, different meaning as you don't have to wash yourself away to see the unity in things--you find that unity is always there and it is the starting point, not the destination.

Shen is a Chinese term for the Indian kundalini, or the effects produced by Larson's Sector 3, "ethical control unit." By correlating the concepts, something interesting happens--you find that most Yoga practices taught are backwards (wow, what a surprise there), so they are basically ineffective. The control unit is in the 3-x, ultra-high speed motion range, so that means the energy flows in opposition to gravity. If you want to focus shen (spiritual or intellectual bioenergy), you can now DEDUCE Yoga from the Reciprocal System.

First, the bioenergy stems from all life, so the flow will be downward in a vertical line. Being 1-dimensional, orientation with the Earth's magnetic or rotational poles does not matter--you have to have your spine vertical, and pull the energy down through your crown chakra, and out your butt if you are sitting, or out your feet if standing. In essence, your crown chakra is analogous to a Bussard ramjet for this ultra-high speed bioenergy. (The same process that operates the Warp Drive on Star Trek--the Bussard collectors.)

And you have to consider bioenergy as food for the intelligence of cells--it has to enter, interact, then depart the body, just like any food you eat. The meditation bit corresponds to the "digestion" portion of bioenergy, where you have "eaten it" through the crown chakra, brought it into yourself, and now must consciously distribute it throughout your body (3D space) and soul/mind (3D time). Bioenergy works on both systems, not just one (electric or magnetic energy). You feed your cells new, energetic food and remove the waste through the bottom, just like regular food departing the intestines.

While you are doing this in a meditative state, you are in full communication with ALL the cells of your body, in both the material and cosmic aspects, so you build an internal type of "rapport" with yourself. You'll find the process is quite invigorating. The only drawback is that with the cells all charged up, they will "complain" about problems--physical or emotional health issues--which you can also use meditation to address, by hearing out these complaints and understanding why they are being made.

Anyway, that's my take on meditation, for what it is worth.
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

RLC
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Re: Meditation, Bioenergy and Yoga

Post by RLC » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:13 pm

daniel wrote:
RLC wrote:So does this mean you don't believe in meditation? or don't believe in meditation on a global scale, unless it was level 3 people who have an ability to meditate at a level that would provide a specific outcome?
I use meditation frequently; it is a valuable tool for introspection. But it may not be the same technique you use. I use the ancient Taoist system that LoneBear on Antiquatis teaches, which is not about blanking the mind or becoming "one" with everything--it is about getting in touch with the intelligence of your own body and soul (3D space and 3D time of the life unit). To use that method, you need to understand that yin-yang is just the ancient way of saying time-space, and the two are inseparable as "motion." That's one of the fascinating things about Larson's RS--it matches the ancient models of the psyche (and of magick). Same concepts, just different words. When you make the connection, meditation takes on a whole, different meaning as you don't have to wash yourself away to see the unity in things--you find that unity is always there and it is the starting point, not the destination.

Shen is a Chinese term for the Indian kundalini, or the effects produced by Larson's Sector 3, "ethical control unit." By correlating the concepts, something interesting happens--you find that most Yoga practices taught are backwards (wow, what a surprise there), so they are basically ineffective. The control unit is in the 3-x, ultra-high speed motion range, so that means the energy flows in opposition to gravity. If you want to focus shen (spiritual or intellectual bioenergy), you can now DEDUCE Yoga from the Reciprocal System.

First, the bioenergy stems from all life, so the flow will be downward in a vertical line. Being 1-dimensional, orientation with the Earth's magnetic or rotational poles does not matter--you have to have your spine vertical, and pull the energy down through your crown chakra, and out your butt if you are sitting, or out your feet if standing. In essence, your crown chakra is analogous to a Bussard ramjet for this ultra-high speed bioenergy. (The same process that operates the Warp Drive on Star Trek--the Bussard collectors.)

And you have to consider bioenergy as food for the intelligence of cells--it has to enter, interact, then depart the body, just like any food you eat. The meditation bit corresponds to the "digestion" portion of bioenergy, where you have "eaten it" through the crown chakra, brought it into yourself, and now must consciously distribute it throughout your body (3D space) and soul/mind (3D time). Bioenergy works on both systems, not just one (electric or magnetic energy). You feed your cells new, energetic food and remove the waste through the bottom, just like regular food departing the intestines.

While you are doing this in a meditative state, you are in full communication with ALL the cells of your body, in both the material and cosmic aspects, so you build an internal type of "rapport" with yourself. You'll find the process is quite invigorating. The only drawback is that with the cells all charged up, they will "complain" about problems--physical or emotional health issues--which you can also use meditation to address, by hearing out these complaints and understanding why they are being made.

Anyway, that's my take on meditation, for what it is worth.
Wow! This actually hits home. I haven't followed any method. Truthfully, I wanted to explore on my own before using any sort of particular method, and so that's what I've been doing. One of the things that continuously happens and basically verifies what you are saying, is that every time I would go into a meditative state the energy always seemed to flow down. It would start at my third eye, which it really should start at my crown, but it would always seem to move downward. Even when I would try to go the other way, it would naturally move in a downward position, which I always thought to be a little odd, because most books I read always talk about going from the root chakra up.

And so when I read this, I thought holy hell, that's exactly what's happening every time I meditate! I too, am also focusing inward. One of the things that I did the other day, which had what I thought was a pretty profound effect was to get in touch with my inner-self. Just feel it, and then apologize. Saying something to the effect that I forgive you, please forgive me, I am sorry, I love you. Ever since that point, I have felt much more in touch with my own feelings. Meaning that, they are not scared to give me an indicator if I'm doing something that doesn't align with who I am.

Very very interesting! I'm definitely going to look into this technique, because it seems to jive with my own experience. Thank you as always.

RLC
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Re: Daniel - Looking for reading material

Post by RLC » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:21 pm

infinity wrote:
RLC wrote: So does this mean you don't believe in meditation? or don't believe in meditation on a global scale, unless it was level 3 people who have an ability to meditate at a level that would provide a specific outcome?

I'm curious, as I personally have found meditation to be extremely beneficial in understanding who I am, and to help seed and grow thoughts, which I try to carry out in my actions every day. What's the saying, "neurons that fire together wire together." It's my belief that If I hold these ideas long enough that my mind, body and spirit will manifest them and it will no longer be a matter of holding it. I can actually see a significant difference now in little every day things. For example, before when my wife would ask me, "will you go to the store for me?" I would go, but I would hate it. Now I find myself wanting to go for her, because I love her. That's not something I've felt for a long time.
Let's be honest, for meditation to be a useful tool with practical uses on a global scale, it will require the same disciplined and organized effort that any global effort would take. Try running an international organization. Not easy. Any tool is only as useful as the person using it is skilled with it, and that counts for group-based use of tools even more. There aren't easy answers to anything - simple ones maybe, but not easy. I think daniel is just pointing out that we need to have a realistic approach in whatever way we want to contribute to humanity.

I've found meditation useful personally as well. Very very useful. I've also found prayer useful, which is different from meditation, and personally sometimes scares me in how well it works. But meditation doesn't work for everyone, neither does prayer. The usefulness of these is currently limited by our understanding and discipline in them. Through using meditation, you can have the most amazing impacting experiences like interacting with the earth's spirit (i would highly recommend this special encounter), and you can escape the weight of unconscious influences on your mind in order to gradually transform your mind.

But meditation represents only one part of what we need to change the world. We can't without spiritual awareness, neither without discipline. But let me ask you an unfair and controversial question:

Monks have been meditating for centuries. These are disciplined people. They are taught how to do it right. We don't really have a way of knowing what impact they have had on the world through meditation, but we would think that if meditation was so potent, wouldn't it have made a bigger difference over a course of centuries?

But what influences do ideas that were made practical have? Think about electricity. Think about the telephone, or radio. Think about fireworks and its alleged influence on military technology. These things changed the world, but they started as a thought. They didn't change the world through meditation, but through a combination of a few things. They required faith at some stages when everyone would laugh at it, they required diligence to be made fruitful, they required vision from beginning to end. These are "spiritual" ingredients. But the result is not the product of purely spiritual activity.

To change the world, a thought must be made manifest, practical, proven, usable, reproduce-able. Meditation alone is only a step or a tool in this process. It can be mastered, and with mastery, its potential can be "miracle"-working. But there are other ways to make a difference too, that don't require decades of training and mastery or international leadership and organizational abilities.

One of the quickest ways to make a difference without having secrets of the universe or tons of money or power, is to build relationships with the right people and only focus on what you love and uplifting them in what they love. The networking potential and the inherent supportive nature of such a perpetually expanding structure is a foundation for either a centralized or a decentralized initiative of realizing a common vision or goal - but without having to force one method on everyone for accomplishing it.
Infinity, thank you. You always have something great to say. I can see your point. Especially, the comment concerning monks. It does beg the question that they have spent all this time meditating and we really have no way to gauge whether they've had an effect or not. Though, I also have to question whether they've been projecting their meditation sessions to that point. Or, were they really focusing more to the point of inner-self and ascension?

At any rate, I think you make some very good points. Truthfully, I'm trying to focus on understanding myself and immediate surroundings first, educate people when I can, and then move the circle outward. My heart wants nothing more than to help the world even at the sacrifice of myself. However, how effective can I really be if I haven't gotten to a level of understanding that I need to be.

Ilkka
Adept
Adept
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Re: Daniel - Looking for reading material

Post by Ilkka » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:30 pm

daniel wrote:I use meditation frequently; it is a valuable tool for introspection. But it may not be the same technique you use. I use the ancient Taoist system that LoneBear on Antiquatis teaches
At a quick glance I didnt see any threads on Antiquatis forum for that meditation technique so if there is one thread or more I would be delighted to take a peek at em. I'll visit these sites again tomorrow to search for em threads.

My meditation technique so far has been more of doing these practices with conscious effort to picture certain things while meditating and also speak in my mind and oddly enough quite often speak in english language and not finnish :D

User avatar
Djchrismac
Adept
Adept
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 pm
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

Re: Daniel - Looking for reading material

Post by Djchrismac » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:15 pm

daniel wrote:Shen is a Chinese term for the Indian kundalini, or the effects produced by Larson's Sector 3, "ethical control unit." By correlating the concepts, something interesting happens--you find that most Yoga practices taught are backwards (wow, what a surprise there), so they are basically ineffective. The control unit is in the 3-x, ultra-high speed motion range, so that means the energy flows in opposition to gravity. If you want to focus shen (spiritual or intellectual bioenergy), you can now DEDUCE Yoga from the Reciprocal System.

First, the bioenergy stems from all life, so the flow will be downward in a vertical line. Being 1-dimensional, orientation with the Earth's magnetic or rotational poles does not matter--you have to have your spine vertical, and pull the energy down through your crown chakra, and out your butt if you are sitting, or out your feet if standing. In essence, your crown chakra is analogous to a Bussard ramjet for this ultra-high speed bioenergy. (The same process that operates the Warp Drive on Star Trek--the Bussard collectors.)

And you have to consider bioenergy as food for the intelligence of cells--it has to enter, interact, then depart the body, just like any food you eat. The meditation bit corresponds to the "digestion" portion of bioenergy, where you have "eaten it" through the crown chakra, brought it into yourself, and now must consciously distribute it throughout your body (3D space) and soul/mind (3D time). Bioenergy works on both systems, not just one (electric or magnetic energy). You feed your cells new, energetic food and remove the waste through the bottom, just like regular food departing the intestines.

While you are doing this in a meditative state, you are in full communication with ALL the cells of your body, in both the material and cosmic aspects, so you build an internal type of "rapport" with yourself. You'll find the process is quite invigorating.
Aha!!! This is exactly what I did when I had an amazing energy boost from a meditation years ago that i've mentioned a few times on other threads! I just went with what felt right at the time, was standing up looking out a window and really took in the beauty of nature while visualising white light coming down into my crown chakra and through my body, it felt amazing and just like a hearty meal of pure energy with added psychic awareness and not being able to feel my feet when I walked (floated!) for a while afterwards. This also explains why I have not been able to replicate it lying down in bed. Thanks Daniel.
RLC wrote:Wow! This actually hits home. I haven't followed any method. Truthfully, I wanted to explore on my own before using any sort of particular method, and so that's what I've been doing. One of the things that continuously happens and basically verifies what you are saying, is that every time I would go into a meditative state the energy always seemed to flow down. It would start at my third eye, which it really should start at my crown, but it would always seem to move downward. Even when I would try to go the other way, it would naturally move in a downward position, which I always thought to be a little odd, because most books I read always talk about going from the root chakra up.

And so when I read this, I thought holy hell, that's exactly what's happening every time I meditate! I too, am also focusing inward. One of the things that I did the other day, which had what I thought was a pretty profound effect was to get in touch with my inner-self. Just feel it, and then apologize. Saying something to the effect that I forgive you, please forgive me, I am sorry, I love you. Ever since that point, I have felt much more in touch with my own feelings. Meaning that, they are not scared to give me an indicator if I'm doing something that doesn't align with who I am.

Very very interesting! I'm definitely going to look into this technique, because it seems to jive with my own experience. Thank you as always.
Hahaha, you remind me a lot of myself from a lot of the posts you have made RLC! So many little things you have mentioned so far are the same things i've gone through or are experiencing also! :)
RLC wrote:Infinity, thank you. You always have something great to say. I can see your point. Especially, the comment concerning monks. It does beg the question that they have spent all this time meditating and we really have no way to gauge whether they've had an effect or not.
Agreed, Infinity has a habit of blowing my mind too!
RLC wrote:My heart wants nothing more than to help the world even at the sacrifice of myself.
I feel the same way, i'm just so sick of the way things are i'm now just openly telling everyone about some of the things that are really happening in the world, I don't care if i'm getting labelled crazy by some people, lots of decent people are starting to take notice at last!
Ilkka wrote: At a quick glance I didnt see any threads on Antiquatis forum for that meditation technique so if there is one thread or more I would be delighted to take a peek at em. I'll visit these sites again tomorrow to search for em threads.
I had a quick search too Ilkka and couldn't find anything online either but I think we have enough info and/or experience to just go for it with what Daniel has added already.
Jones: [looks at Sallah] You said their headpiece only had markings on one side, are you absolutely sure? [Sallah nods] Belloq's staff is too long.
Jones and Sallah: They're digging in the wrong place!

User avatar
infinity
Mage
Mage
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:32 am

Re: Daniel - Looking for reading material

Post by infinity » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:46 am

daniel wrote:Anyway, that's my take on meditation, for what it is worth.
Some mystery schools (ye i know not all of them are kosher) also teach that the method you are elaborating is essential for building "capacity" to handle greater amounts of energy for all sorts of "energy" work. Kind of like getting one's nervous system used to it so that it can handle higher voltage without getting hurt, so to speak. Very exciting stuff!
RLC wrote:Truthfully, I'm trying to focus on understanding myself and immediate surroundings first, educate people when I can, and then move the circle outward. My heart wants nothing more than to help the world even at the sacrifice of myself.
Interestingly enough, that's exactly what a family comes down to. By being able to do it on a family level, one has the capacity to do it on a bigger level. Same principles, bigger scale. Really good leaders aren't those with great skill at some technical task or management skills of some resource - but those who know how to bring out the best in other people and give them supportive direction (read a combination of guidance and purpose here).
RLC wrote:However, how effective can I really be if I haven't gotten to a level of understanding that I need to be.
I think we all feel the same way. But the joy of sharing what you DO have and learning from others on where we get it wrong (I get things wrong a lot) or what we have missing, well, that is definitely a better formula for growing than waiting until we think we know something. And when we think we know something, we seriously have to consider if that's an attitude that is useful or dangerous - because we humans can get arrogant so easily.

Confidence without arrogance isn't built on our knowledge or understanding, it is based on our courage and willingness to use what we have to move closer to our goal, even if we know we might make mistakes. It is a humbleness and hunger for more wisdom but also a fire inside that refuses to be passive and sit on the wisdom we might already have, however partial or imperfect it might be. The more experience we have in something - which means dealing with mistakes, and learning on the way - the more confidence we'll have, because the more we realize that confidence is not bland willpower, or a big pile of knowledge, but a delicate and ever improving balance of a blend of different spiritual essences that make us more acutely aware of our humanity and that of others. So that we will have grace with others because we learned to have grace with ourselves. This grace is not immature compromise that takes the easy way, but mature empathy combined with the willingness to do the right thing in every circumstance - as best as we know how. And experience will show us that such acts of compassion (i.e. grace) and faith (confidence contains faith because none of us are perfect yet we must act out of that imperfection), brings us forward - but not us alone, also those around us. And that is why we can have confidence in this way. Its because we come out stronger despite our humanity and fallibility - not because we have control due to superior knowledge or skill.

So be encouraged! Your attitude and hunger for wisdom is already the grounds for the confidence you need to contribute and make a difference!

I would love to use this opportunity that RLC made possible (by simply being himself!) to challenge all of us and stretch our arms deeper into our shadow:

Sometimes we misinterpret things like what is valuable (e.g. knowledge) because we are not taught by those with the wisdom to understand something correctly themselves. Then we, learning from them, sit with the same inaccurate thinking. Knowledge is like a hammer. It can be a tool for building, or a tool for breaking. Knowledge is useful, powerful, and because of that, abuse-able. If we put our confidence in our knowledge (or our lack of confidence in our lack of knowledge), then we won't value someone else who doesn't have knowledge (even though they might have amazing value in many other ways as a person) - because WE think without having knowledge ourselves, WE have no value to contribute. And thus we rob ourselves of learning from such people (due to thinking they have nothing to contribute) - and rob ourselves from gaining knowledge and understanding through interacting with them - and ironically we deprive ourselves of the very thing we believe we need most; knowledge!

I've learned something in life. The knowledge we need is to make a right decision is always accessible at the time when we need it - it is provided to us. This might be in a format we're not used to - like intuition - or in a format we are used to - like books or articles. Bear in mind, I'm saying its always accessible - I'm not saying it lands in our lap when we need it. We need to be mature enough to make the conscious choice to make effort to access it, discern and test it, and then have the confidence to apply it.

So in other words, with confidence, we can apply knowledge wisely. Without confidence, knowledge is abused and used to control - because we fear loss or pain (lack of confidence), and derive security out of control. Knowledge becomes our weapon for control - not our virtue for empowerment - because we are corrupted by our lack of confidence. Why does a dictator use knowledge to control others? Fear of loss of power. Why does a visionary use knowledge to empower others? Because his vision is not corrupted by his lack of confidence.

Look at daniel as an example. Does he have all the answers? If he did, would he do the amazing effort he did (at his own cost, for no money) to FIND the answers and share his findings (for free) and empower us to grow out of the molds we've been cast into? Its not daniel's knowledge that makes him admirable - his knowledge is indeed the sweet FRUIT of what makes him our hero - but its his true confidence (which has humbleness as an ingredient by definition) that gives him the ability to do what it takes to contribute.

Daniel sets an example for us. An example of our duty to each other and to humanity. A duty to take risk, a duty to help. He shows us the honor there is in that - and we desire such a selfless honor for ourselves so much! Not an honor that desires attention or reward, but a priceless honor (pun intended!) that is in the giving and uplifting of others. The best way we can say thanks to daniel and honor him back, is to follow his example and find ways to contribute in our own way without letting ourselves make any kind of excuse. But that has a price tag. The more valuable something is - the higher the price. How badly do we want the world to change? Are we willing to pay that price? Or do we want the world to change for our own comfort levels to increase? Then we won't want to pay the price. We won't be interested in our duty and what value will honor have for us? Or do we long for something deeper than comfort? Is this perhaps finding meaning and purpose in life, the very thing that some people will die for?

Is it understanding we are really looking for? Or the knowledge to find comfort? I.e. are we really looking for comfort? I know a part of me is looking for comfort in daniel's work. A part of me derives personal security out of his work, because of the special knowledge in it. This shadow in me, will I forgive myself and accept myself despite it? Will I be mature and use this newly gained insight to kick myself in the butt and get moving (not by condemning myself but by taking responsibility) - and keep finding ways to uplift and empower those around me? Will I honor daniel's example?

RLC
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Re: Daniel - Looking for reading material

Post by RLC » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:46 am

Djchrismac wrote: Hahaha, you remind me a lot of myself from a lot of the posts you have made RLC! So many little things you have mentioned so far are the same things i've gone through or are experiencing also! :)
I was thinking the same thing. It seems like we are on a very similar path of exploration right now :) Though, I think you might be a tad ahead of me... lol

By the way, I think I made some headway on our meditation experience. I came close to having it happen again, but got to anxious about it and it seemed to disappear. I'm starting to think that is the key component to it. You really do have to relax and just let it happen to you, which is difficult to do. At any rate, what I did was focus on the little noise that you hear when everything is completely quiet. I've noticed that there is a very small noise, almost like static coming out of a radio that you can hear in your ears. Instead of focusing on my breath to help relax my mind, I've been focusing on that sound and I've noticed that this (at least for me) seems to be a step in the right direction for the experience I had. The more you focus on it the louder the noise becomes almost washing out anything else in the background, and then there is another "humming" type noise that happens that over takes this noise. It's almost as if it's a vibration that is happening in my head, but I can never seem to keep a hold of it, because I react to it.

I also choose a very dark and quiet room where there are no sounds and no light. I try to get as comfortable as I can so there aren't any distractions what so ever. I've also been playing with the idea of introducing a small distraction, but being able to meditate through it as if it's not there. I figure if i can hold on to the meditation strong enough, I can literally make everything disappear including distractions. However, I want to get the meditation part down first so I don't think I'm going to do this for a bit.

RLC
Seeker
Seeker
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Re: Daniel - Looking for reading material

Post by RLC » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:28 am

infinity wrote: I think we all feel the same way.....
Another whopper! I love it, but this one I'm definitely going to have to read a few times. However, I think I get the gist of what your saying, and I do try to apply my knowledge where I can. While, I may not have a lot of understanding in some areas, I do have extensive experience in other areas. So I try to help and uplift where I can. I never break someone down, and I actually do truly get excited when I see people rise rather than fall. It's my biggest problem with our welfare system. While I understand it, and I think we should help people when they are down. I get frustrated because it's more of a hand out and not a hand up. When a person(s) becomes so dependent on a system to provide for them, that system literally take the necessary skills to survive out of their hands. It's like my dog, I feed him everyday and he's become dependent upon me to make sure his water bowl is full and that he's fed twice a day. And, he's my buddy I don't mind doing it. I love the guy! We are inseparable. However, he's going on 6 years old and if I was to dump him in the wild (which I would never do) I'm not sure that he would survive, because through domestication his skills of surviving have been diminished. My heart becomes frustrated by the fact that we have all these people in the world that are in this position. However, I also understand that everyone is responsible for him or her self.

That said, and to your point, I know that one of my down falls is not that I have to be right (farthest from the truth). It's that I don't like to be wrong. I know this about myself, and so I try to actively work on it. Because I don't think there is anything wrong with being wrong as long as you are humble and open enough to admit your wrong. This is what really keeps me from stepping up sometimes as a person. I step up in the areas that I'm very confident about, and don't always step up in the areas that I'm not confident about. Even though, I know as a person that sometimes the biggest lesson in life is the lesson of being wrong and or making a mistake. No one is perfect and mistakes are made all the time. Though, knowing this, it's still a challenge for me.

Thank you again. I really do appreciate the dialogue and the insight. Most of the time my wife tries to listen to me, but often it just goes in one ear and out the other. Though, bless her heart for trying. And then most of my friends are typical males of today's society, and while I on occasion, I like doing the typical guy thing. I'm drawn to discovering the bigger picture, understanding who I am and ultimately do my part in the world. So I appreciate being able to have these types of conversations.

Post Reply