--daniel blogging

"The hottest topic in Bedrock, since the lava flow down main street!"

Discussion of topics brought up in daniel's blog on the Conscioushugs main site.

Moderator: daniel

User avatar
infinity
Mage
Mage
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:32 am

Re: --daniel blogging

Post by infinity » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Uhhhh I'm a little confused. I guess what will work the best is whatever can do the following:

1. Show the latest blog ready-to-read
2. Show a list of other blogs by headings on the side somewhere, sorted by latest first. This is important for new readers so they can read the older ones.

Right now the impression it gives is that the latest blog post is that 4th one.

User avatar
Lozion
Adept
Adept
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:32 am
Location: Changes all the time..

Re: --daniel blogging

Post by Lozion » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:54 pm

I would suggest migrating the "Crossing the Rubicon" blog from AQ to CH for consolidation and the benefit of new readers.
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

User avatar
Djchrismac
Adept
Adept
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 pm
Location: Glasgow
Contact:

Re: --daniel blogging

Post by Djchrismac » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:34 am

infinity wrote:Uhhhh I'm a little confused. I guess what will work the best is whatever can do the following:

1. Show the latest blog ready-to-read
2. Show a list of other blogs by headings on the side somewhere, sorted by latest first. This is important for new readers so they can read the older ones.

Right now the impression it gives is that the latest blog post is that 4th one.
It looks like Daniel has removed the "featured content" set up in the blog as now the latest post is showing at the top so it should be easier to follow now.

User avatar
Aaron
Cognitor
Cognitor
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Re: --daniel blogging

Post by Aaron » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:00 am

I removed the top blocks of featured content and returned the blog roll to most recent.

Regarding Rubicon from AQ; daniel is drafting a Rubicon post and will post when its ready.

User avatar
Lozion
Adept
Adept
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:32 am
Location: Changes all the time..

Re: --daniel blogging

Post by Lozion » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:44 pm

Aaron wrote:I removed the top blocks of featured content and returned the blog roll to most recent.

Regarding Rubicon from AQ; daniel is drafting a Rubicon post and will post when its ready.
Great news.
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

User avatar
infinity
Mage
Mage
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:32 am

Re: --daniel blogging

Post by infinity » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:55 am

Aaron wrote:I removed the top blocks of featured content and returned the blog roll to most recent.
Looks perfect :)

Since a lot of interact happens in the forums to engage on the daniel paper content and discussing the blogs, I was wondering what you guys think of the idea to give the forum link a more prominent place on the CH homepage.

My feeling is that we want to encourage people to discuss and ask questions on the topics. To engage people.

There could be a few ways to do this. One way could be to link the --daniel blogging forum thread at the bottom of a given blog. E.g. end a blog with "Join the discussion on this blog post here", with the 'here' being the link.

Another way could be to give the overall forum link as prominent a place as the resources on the left with its own graphic - but this might not be how the layout was intended.

I'm sure there are other ways too, but first, what do you guys think about the idea of making the forum more accessible/prominent to people reading the blog? Its link is a bit hidden top right of the site.

User avatar
Aaron
Cognitor
Cognitor
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Re: --daniel blogging

Post by Aaron » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:16 am

I agree Infinity. In fact, I have given it top placement at the top of the right content sidebar above daniels FB link.

Check it out and tell me if you all like it? The whole Flintstones family seemed the best fit for our forum community! :)

User avatar
Lozion
Adept
Adept
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:32 am
Location: Changes all the time..

Re: --daniel blogging

Post by Lozion » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:56 am

Aaron wrote:I agree Infinity. In fact, I have given it top placement at the top of the right content sidebar above daniels FB link.

Check it out and tell me if you all like it? The whole Flintstones family seemed the best fit for our forum community! :)
Infinity has a good idea, a hotlink to a newly created topic in the daniel blog followup section, ready for discussion.

Btw Aaron, off topic but did I get this right you've left exoplanet Pah'namah for Arjunteenah?
How does this affect the Sanctuary project?
In rapport we thrive, in rivalry we strive.

User avatar
daniel
Professor
Professor
Posts: 825
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:33 pm
Location: P3X-774
Contact:

Re: --daniel blogging

Post by daniel » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:50 pm

Lozion wrote:I would suggest migrating the "Crossing the Rubicon" blog from AQ to CH for consolidation and the benefit of new readers.
Your wish is my command... Rubicon moved to CH.
Power out? Let's see if many hands can make the lights work.
Facebook: daniel.phoenixiii

User avatar
infinity
Mage
Mage
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:32 am

facebook or something else?

Post by infinity » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:49 am

Here's an informative explanation of different platforms and how they work. This leads me to think that there might be platforms worth more than the time spent using facebook. Not to say we shouldn't use facebook, but there might be more value to gain from other platforms for time put in.

What do you guys think?
Veritasium2 - The problem with facebook
https://youtu.be/l9ZqXlHl65g

Keep in mind the author still uses facebook. This is just some interesting and useful perspective, that we can use to our advantage.

Since there's limited time and resources, we don't want just 'do everything' and get burnt out. Rather to be informed about the pros and cons of what we pick to use.

Post Reply